Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in Tally Technologies, Inc. (“Tally,” “we,” or “us”). Your privacy is very important to us. We welcome you to our Website at www.meettally.com as well as all related websites, downloadable software, mobile and tablet applications (the “Site”), and products and services provided by us and under Tally’s control (collectively, together with the Site, our “Service”).
Tally Technologies, Inc.
P.O. Box 411165
San Francisco, CA 94141
What Information We Collect & Why
When we use “Personal Information” in this policy, we mean information that—alone or in combination with other information—could be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address, date of birth, home address, telephone number, Social Security number, and other information. We do not consider information to be Personal Information if it has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific person.
We collect Personal Information from everyone who uses our Service. We collect this information at various stages of your experience with us. We collect basic information such as name and email address when you open an account, and we ask for more detailed information such as financial information as you seek a loan from us..When you choose to create an account, we may ask for your name, phone number, email address, home address, income, date of birth and Social Security number, depending on which part of the Service you wish to use. We may also collect, as noted below, cookies and other browsing information about you. We may also request financial information such as username and password for your bank account, account balance, transaction history, ACH authorization, or credit report in order to facilitate your use of the Service.
You can decline to provide additional Personal Information, but doing so may prevent you from engaging with and using certain parts of the Service.
How We Use Your Information
We use the collected Personal Information to help us verify your identity, communicate with you, prevent fraud, learn what parts of the Service you are qualified to use, if necessary, originate your loan, service your account, help you refer friends to our Service, and in other ways not prohibited by applicable law. We also use this information to provide you with relevant content, and more generally, to facilitate and improve the Service.
Tally may use your information, including Personal Information provided by you or from service providers to perform the Service including for the following activities:
Identity Verification and Security
- Confirm that you are at least 18 years old (or older if you live in a state where the age of majority is older than 18).
- Verify your identity and safeguard against potential fraud.
- Protect data from unauthorized parties and comply with legal requirements
- Enable our service providers to implement automatic payments and fund transfers.
- Communicate with you if there is a problem completing a transaction you requested or to discuss a problem with your account.
- Implement collection activities as needed.
- Maintain regular communications with you concerning transactions you initiate, such as requesting information or assistance, submitting a loan request, making payments, or transferring funds.
- With your consent, send you a text message or in-app notifications regarding certain aspects of our Service. You can revoke this consent at any time.
- Help you refer friends directly from within the app or website.
- With your consent, refer you to third parties (e.g., other lenders) who may be able to help you.
- With your consent, help you link your device phonebook to easily share Tally with your friends. You can revoke this consent at any time.
How We May Disclose Your Information
- We work with a range of service providers who provide functionality to our Service. We may share information, within the limits of applicable law, with vendors and service providers to help us provide our Service. You acknowledge and agree that your data and information will be treated in accordance with our third-party data providers’ privacy policies such as https://plaid.com/legal/ and https://www.yodlee.com/legal/privacy-notice/. We may share information and also, with your permission, share your Personal Information with social networking websites and other website services.
- From time to time, Tally may have to access, preserve, or disclose your Personal Information or other information in accord with applicable law. Tally will comply with law enforcement requests and legal process to protect the rights, property, or safety of you, of us, or of others.
- We may share information if we believe it is necessary to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities or fraud.
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information or Personal Information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
- We may share your Personal Information as appropriate to carry out any other legitimate business purpose allowed by law.
By signing up for the Service, you consent to the disclosure to nonaffiliated third parties of nonpublic Personal Information pertaining to you. This consent is effective until you revoke it. You can revoke this consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com with “Privacy” in the subject line. You may want to review, download or print a copy of this consent for your records. You are entitled to do so at any time by visiting our website at www.meettally.com.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Our Site may also contain embedded applications, widgets, or social media plug-ins, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Cookies and Automatic Data Collection
Notice regarding the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998
Security of Your Information
By using the Service or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Service. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Service or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Our Policy and Practices
For California Consumers
When California Consumers access the Site or use the Service we may collect the following categories of Personal Information, although we may not collect all of these categories, depending on which parts of the Service you use:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Bank account
- Credit card information
Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information
- The Internet Protocol address that relates to the machine or device used to access our Site
- The type of browser and operating system used
- The date and time when the Site is visited
- Device ID if you are on a mobile device
We may have collected these pieces of information about you depending on your use of the Service during the last 12 months.
We disclose the categories of personal information above for a range of operational purposes, including:
- To conduct identity verification;
- To detect and prevent fraud or abuse;
- To operate and maintain the Service and your account;
- To provide personalized content and marketing materials;
- To perform internal research and development;
- To process user inquiries and requests;
- To comply with laws, regulations or exercise and defend claims; and
- To perform accounting, audits and other internal functions.
Third Parties with whom Personal Information is Shared
We share some Personal Information with service providers, advertisers, business partners, and law enforcement (if necessary).
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about consumers.
In the preceding 12 months we have not sold Personal Information about minors.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following Personal Information about consumers for business purposes:
- Personal Identifiers and Financial Information: We share this information with our service providers to allow them to perform services on behalf of Tally.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We share or allow third parties to utilize cookies for marketing or advertising analytics